Sunday, July 31, 2011

game of thrones in Gozo, Malta

i finally got to watching my copy of the Game of Thrones and yet another nostalgic scene presented itself to me! the venue for the wedding of Khal Drogo and Daenerys Targaryen was by the Azure window in the Island of Gozo in Malta! They probably just used the background and didnt film there at all though. While watching before this scene came up, I was wondering where they filmed or what places they used because they all seemed so nice to visit and boom! they used Malta! Isn't it cool? i guess not so much for you, but it is for me! :)

anyway, here's a screenshot of the scene in the series and a pic of me in Gozo, Malta in May 2010 taken by mr and mrs potatohead. :) Also, as much as the series sounds geeky and dungeons-and-dragons-y (what really prevented me to watch it from the get-go), it really is quite addicting to watch. highly recommended!
goes and wanders

No comments:

Post a Comment