Wednesday, July 27, 2011

a masochistic nostalgia or a nostalgic masochism

the other day, when i was procrastinating, very much like what i am doing today, i chanced upon the street view feature of google maps. i was trying to remember a place in Padova and how it was oriented in my mind.
and so i went trigger happy with my snipping tool. i went to town with it. literally, no digitally.
i was dying of nostalgia as i roamed the streets of Padova just like it was a closed door away.
a few clicks and i was back in Piazza dell'Erbe buying fruits and vegetables for tonight's feast, a few more and i'm at Owen's doorstep, too early for movie night and yet a few more i'm at franny's place, ready to trade files from our hard drives.

how unhealthy is this site for me, right? i also got to check sights in Amsterdam, Levanto, Barcelona, etc.
if only...



billa, my grocery
piazza dell'erbe, fruits and veggies by day, jampacked, schoolwide partyplace by night...where i met Vane, Bea. Luca, Gian, Fede and Bene for the first time! my italian family.
civic center/library, where i spent a considerable amount of time
MY HOME in PADOVA
jean louis david and coop, where i got my first and rather expensive haircut and where i shop for food before class
giardini dell'arena, black market where i bought most of my bikes
prato from afar, riding down this road had its pleasant surprise all the time for me
franny's place!

owen's place

miriam's place

le brentelle, where a considerable amount of my allowance was laid to rest

maldura, my main faculty

grom, our after a night-out snack, middle of the day snack and basically, anytime we felt like a snack

down that alley is where i had my cinema class

mensa san francesco, where i first met Roby, my italian host and brother
brek, pam and h&m, our watering hole with free buffet, another grocery and the devil


goes and wanders

No comments:

Post a Comment