Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sirmione



so since my friends were in Rome and i got stuck up here in the north, i got up from my sofa one lazy friday noon, turned off my computer and headed to the train station.

i originally planned on going to Desenzano but while biking, i decided maybe it's better to go to Trieste. but when i arrived, the ticket lines were impossibly long. plus, i didn't know the transfers for Trieste. back to the original plan. bought my 120km ticket at the tabacchi and waited for my train with my bike. then i realized i needed supplement for bringing my bike on the train. saw Stefano and left my bike with him. ran to the machine but having less than 5 minutes, the line was hopeless. got back to the tracks and thought maybe i can pay for it on the train! alas, i could!



got to desenzano, bought my return ticket and headed to the lake! too bad it wasn't as sunny as the day started out to be. from the lake in Desenzano, Sirmione looked like a mission...i just told myself, 'i'll bike along the coast. no pressure, i'm coming back.' good decision since i got to explore more and discover other things around the area...then Sirmione was just around the corner before i even realized it.






i didn't know about Sirmione! such a beautiful place! and so close! must return to swim! and see more!

goes and wanders

oh and it was so cool! on the train to Desenzano, i saw a white peacock walking by the tracks. awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment