Thursday, December 17, 2009

brrrrgium


i spent my first day walking around and exploring... i got in around 1030 in Charleroi and took the shuttle to the center of brussels. from there i got on the line 5 of the metro to Thieffry where Jean Baptiste, my host, lives...

had a bad start to that day, ripped a shirt and had to sew it back right before i was set to leave, i didnt sleep so as not to oversleep for the 530am bus to the airport but as i boarded he bus, got too tired, slept and woke up when the bus already passed the airport...good thing the end of the line was not too far fro, the airport. realizing i was too early for my flight, i just slept again. boarded, took pics of the dolomites, landed and realized my phone does not instantly go on roaming...baaaaah...why is it that there has to be so much fuss for the networks here??? countries are all close together anyway...now, i have to struggle with having no phone

and not to mention how freaking cold it is here! it was snowing yesterday when i arrived at Jean Baptiste's flat and right now, i have to be in my jeans over my jogging pants over my longjohns over my shorts over my briefs because it is snowing again!!!

the pic up there is not one which i took as i couldn't be bothered to upload pics now...but it is where i was last night...the center had a blue christmas tree and the building to the lit up with moving lights, making it seem like it was dancing...

off to salim's place this afternoon...another couch to surf

goes and wanders

No comments:

Post a Comment