Friday, November 2, 2012

Jack goes to Chinatown (again)



all work and no play makes jack a dull boy

days have been so "routine" these past months. in quotation because my line of work does not really fall under the list of routinary jobs out there but somehow i feel as if it is. i still like what i do and i still somehow see it opening doors for me in the future but all i can hope for is for it to bring me closer to my ultimate goal.
i work all throughout the week and just stay in for the weekend. needless to say, i miss travelling, being out there and immersing myself in other cultures, talking to random strangers, sharing tips and stories with other travellers on the road.



last week, as i exchanged my faulty fake mp3 player(i bought one just for running) and get some fried siopaos to go, i also took with me my camera and walked from Divisoria to Chinatown to somehow feel i am some place else. chinatown has always intrigued and amused me. walking through Ongpin St., all my senses are treated to a very different atmosphere of which i am craving for. my main mission was to aim my camera towards the chinese signages which i am drawn to for reasons still unknown to me. i especially enjoy the brands with the chinese translation( especially the Philippine ones.) in my head i read their names with a chinese accent. :D below are some more shots i enjoyed finding all throughout Chinatown.

i do hope there are more places around that can make me feel like i am "away." it also doesn't really help me that i did my thesis on manila sights, because now, i feel like i am at a loss of sights to explore!



















goes and wanders

No comments:

Post a Comment