Friday, March 26, 2010

flying over padova/ readiness



it's been frustrating that i couldn't push myself to write recently...

the other day, i flew over Padova with David. He's learning to fly. it's amazing seeing the city i have called home from a different vantage point! we were in a small plane with the propeller in the front! it was too cool, i couldnt stop smiling for the whole duration of the trip!
i was able to see prato de la valle, my residence, the malls i frequent and all the landmarks i only see on land!
____________________________________________

bittersweet...as i have written before, i've postponed technically getting out into the real world while all my friends either have graduated or will graduate by tomorrow. the question is, are they ready? and if i were there, would i be ready? as of now, i dont feel like it.

in my second trip to belgium, i got to taste the real student life, not the erasmus one. my friends, Gert-Jan and Lotte hosted me in Antwerp and Ghent. they both have to pay for their own stuff! they struggle to cope up with the bills and learn to manage the house! and this is what i think is missing back home. im grateful and all that i dont have to worry about it but it's such an early trial for life. i guess one can argue that back home, we have a tight-knit family and moving out seems too radical a move but to me this actually is holding the progress back! one does not cut the umbilical cord soon enough.

next week, i have yet another trip to write about. but the trips keep piling up that i have to write them not consecutively! beehh...

goes and wanders

2 comments:

  1. Ivan!:)

    I stumbled upon your blog on facebook. You must be having an awesome time traveling the world. One day, I shall do the same. I admire your chutzpah and zest for life. As Robin Williams said in the movie Dead Poet's Society, Carpe Diem! Seize the Day!

    I look forward to reading about your next adventure. Continue to Lead, Create and Communicate!

    Mikey
    ADMU Comm'09

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mikey!

    oh no! haha. i didn't know people randomly stumbles on this mess. sorry its not as organized as i imagined it would be wehn i started it. oh well. just a place for me to look and remember some thoughts anyway.

    i like how you sign off with Comm'09. haha

    Ivan

    ReplyDelete