Wednesday, August 26, 2009

welcome to italy


i have been itching to write so as not to overload my head with so much to write. tomorrow night, it will be a week since i arrived in padua, italy.

hours before the flight:
i was still quite tired from all the packing and despedidas. my bags were overweight but being nice to the persons in the check-in counter paid off. 27kilos and terribly more than 7 kilos for my handcarry. sent my last farewell messages, made my last few calls and read all the notes on the books i brought on the plane made by some of the most important people in my life. i admit, all the emotions got in the way of being a prepared traveler.

11:16am GMT +8 - officially airborne and off manila ground

11:47pm GMT +8 - wheels touch amsterdam soil in schiphol airport

5:22am GMT +8 - wheels touch italian soil in marco polo airport

me and the other filipinos took the 12am SITA bus to padova...
i already had to decide as to which couchsurfer host i was to spend the night as i accidentally booked two for the night. i called miguel rubio, an erasmus student as well and said id be taking the so and so bus to padova. then i had to call emma peron and asked if it was possible to move the dates of my surfing to two nights later, fortunately, she agreed. before she hung up, she said,
welcome to italy
.

goes and wanders

No comments:

Post a Comment